Monday, May 2, 2011

TALK TO OTHERS IN THE GROCERY LINE!


Yesterday I went shopping at the Real Canadian Super Store, and while in line I was checking out what others had in their shopping carts (I do this because I always want to share my coupons).  There was this woman behind me and she started to talk to me about the pop that I bought ($20 worth of Pepsi so I could get the $30 Gift Card from Presidents Choice).  I told her that I usually buy pop that is on sale, and then she pulled out and gave me TWO coupons for a free Ginger ale and a  C-plus (a case of TWELVE).  I was so shocked! Seriously, I thought that I could help her with savings and she pretty much handed me $10 worth of groceries for FREE! I found out that she is a brand manager for the products and she always likes to ask people about their drinking habits. 

When I got home I went to the Canada Dry website and checked things out.  I noticed right away something called DAILY GOODNESS, from what I can tell it's a calender that gives your great tips about the environment, saving money, getting healthy etc.. VERY Oprahish, but very cool indeed!

So the morale of this story, is when in line at the grocery story, look around and always smile you never know when a gift is heading your way! Not only did I get two cases of free pop, but a great website to check out on a weekly or a daily bases!

HERE ARE A FEW OF THE TIPS THAT I HAVE COME ACROSS ON THE WEBSITE:

How to find a place to volunteer
30 ways to use vinegar to replace household products
A video of a wedding proposal
Health and benefits of gardening
A printable organizer

Check out the site and enjoy all the great Daily Goodness it has to offer!

Happy Savings!
Miss Savings Girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment